If you want to be environmentally friendly, you need to conserve the most valuable resource of all: time.
Here are some time saving tips that my best clients use:
- Always hire an expert. Wes, our IT guy, is here now, doing what would take me a long time in frustration and guessing. Actually, he just left. What took him five minutes would have taken me much longer.
- Outsource as much as you can to experts who you can pay by the hour. That way, you don’t need to add to overhead costs, which is the pain of any business.
- Continue to nurture your best relationships with customers and employees, especially while you are really busy.
- Keep slack in your schedule so that you can pursue opportunities that pop up.
- If you don’t have a personal assistant, you are one. Hire a P.A.
- Be prepared for tough times with emotional and financial buffers. That way, you won’t get knocked off course.
- Take care of yourself. You’re an athlete – most likely a mental athlete, not a physical one.
- Focus on utilizing your highest talents. That’s how you’ll accomplish more.
- If you were your own boss or coach, what would you tell yourself to do.
- Take breaks. Have fun. Read a book. Get a different perspective on life. The happier you are, the more productive you will be.
There’s no such thing as time management – there’s only self-management. Keep focused on your priorities and don’t get lost in the details.
Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved. Phil Symchych